Are you unsure of your undertone? I know undertone is a scary and confusing word. I have a simple solution. Turn your wrist over to look at your veins. Are they blue, green or both? If your veins are blue, you have a cool undertone. If they are green, you have a warm undertone.
What if you cannot tell if your veins are blue or green? That means your undertone is neutral and that, my friend, means the world is your oyster on the color wheel. You can wear almost any color!
Are you still not sure based on veins? Then let’s try jewelry. If you feel silver looks best, more than likely you are a cool undertone. If gold compliments your skin, you are a warm undertone. See, that wasn’t so hard!
Now, use your undertone to pick the perfect red!
Warm reds are best on skin with cool, yellow undertones. Orange reds contrast with the yellow undertones. Try picking a bright red, true red and berry.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick (Poppy Red)
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick (Reddish Orange)
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme LIpstick (Bold Wine/Berry)
- Clinique Chubby Stick (Watermelon Rose)
- NARS Audacious Lipstick (Rita)
- Smashbox Matte Lipstick (Burgandy Wine)
Worried about your lipstick bleeding? I have a simple solution to keep your lipstick in place and ensure it lasts as long as possible.
2. Prep the lip with a primer or foundation
3. Outline the lips with a matching color lip liner
5. Blot lips with a tissue
6. Reapply the color
7. Touch up any lines around the lips with your foundation using a small concealer brush