According to Webster’s Dictionary, meditation is “a discourse intended to express its author’s reflections or to guide others in contemplation.” What does that really mean? It is the process of spending time in quiet thought, time to clear the mind and center in on silence. Meditation is not about consciousness.
Meditation is also really healthy. It improves circulation by clearing the mind. It reduces stress and anxiety which helps to detach from the worries of every day life. Most importantly, meditation helps us to better understand ourselves and our life’s purpose.
Life can be challenging and sometimes feels like a rollercoaster ride when anxiety and tension builds up in our bodies. In turn, we lose energy, eat unhealthy, get wrinkles and stress our skin. The good news is this is all preventable.
How? Where do we begin? Don’t over think or over research. Just do it.
Here are a few steps to get started:
1. Mediate first thing in the morning. We have a tendency to procrastinate. But meditating first thing in the morning will help start your day with a clear mind.
2. Focus all your attention to your breathing. Shut off the world and count your breaths.
3. Begin by simply sitting in silence for five to ten minutes. It is easier said than done, but this small step can make a big difference.
4. Close your eyes and embrace the things around you. Notice the smells, how your body feels and the light you feel shining in.
5. Embrace the positive energy.
Now you try. Be sure to let us know how this works for you!