Eyebrows are one of the most defining features on your face. They can influence and create your look. Most people don’t know how to tame, groom or even flatter their brows. Light or sparse eye brows can always be filled in, but how?
Prepping the Eye
1. Remove stray hairs: Tweeze away any stray hairs that are above and below your natural eyebrow shape, including between the brows.
2. Trim the long hairs: If any of the hairs are longer than your natural shape, brush them upward using a spoolie (mascara wand) and trim them using small scissors. Carefully cut the hairs that reach beyond the length of the natural hairs.
Shaping the Brow:
1. Locate your inner brow (1), arch (2) and end of brow (3).
2. Use a light colored brow pencil to connect these points on the lower part of your brow. Giving the bottom of your brow a very light shape.
Filling In the Brow:
1. Choose a color that is similar to your natural brow shade. Going too dark will give you the eyebrows on puppy look.
2. Pick a filler: I have always preferred pencil or powder for a more natural look. There are quite a few options such as pencil, powder, pen, pomades and gels. Go with which ever look you like the best.
3. Outline the underneath of the brow creating a very soft straight formation.
4. Starting with the inner corner make small feather like strokes following the shape of the natural hairs. The color of the inner corner should be very light and subtle. Once you have reached the arch, the hairs start going downwards and tapering to a point.
5. Either fill in the eyebrow completely or just where they are sparse.
6. Brush out the color using a spoolie to remove all loose product.
7. Set the work using a clear brow gel and creating the correct shape.
8. If any color has gone beyond the eyebrow you can clean it up using your foundation and small concealer brush.